Saturday, April 26, 2008

In DisDress

After trying on every dress in Eastern Washington, I got this dress at Kohl's. It was very cute. Until I wore it to church on Sunday and my G's kept peeking out the bottom. Very annoying problem. So I bought some capri-tights to wear with it the next time, but it felt like I was wearing pants. Then I had to take it back.

I continued my quest for a modest (reasonably priced) dress online and found this pretty number.

But I accidentally ordered this...
Which would've been fine because it's cute, only it came with no sleeves. In the picture it clearly has cap sleeves. I called customer service and asked where the sleeves were. Turns out that "the product pictured may be different than the actual product." Huh? It's like ordering a dress and receiving a toaster. I have religious issues, I need sleeves! Is that so hard to ask?

If you know a good place to get a modest dress let me know. Preferably a dress that I won't have to wear a cardigan over, or shirt under, and definitely not a dress that turns out to be a kitchen appliance. Thanks.




5 comments:

Fig said...

Ah, the Mormon dress quest. It totally bites.

Really good blogging though!

Seriously . . . I have found some cute and totally no-adjustment-needed dresses at Target, at various times of my life. Anthro has tons of gorgeous ones, obviously, but they also are generally out of my price range. DownEastOutfitters or however it's capitalized has cute ones, my sister got a fabulous polka-dot belted number there.

Good luck with the quest! May you find the holy grail.

Jen said...

I second both Target and DownEastOutfitters. Those are my two recent buys and no modifications necessary, I love it!

Marcy said...

Sheena I miss you... your blogging always keeps me laughing which is always a good thing :) By the way, if you find a great place for dresses let me know.. I'm on the Mormon dress quest as well

Heather E. said...

DOWN EAST OUTFITTERS! HANDS DOWN! I WAS IN AWE WHEN I DISCOVERED THEM AND NOW I HAVE 4 DRESSES FOR UNDER 26$ EACH. (if you're ordering online, I wear a small so you are the same size if you're having trouble sizing.)

Anonymous said...

www.shabbyapple.com

have you seen there dresses. i love almost all of them. and they are all modest. i havent actually ordered one since they are out of my price range right now. but i definitely am soon.