Saturday, November 20, 2010

Our Pilgrim and Wheels on the Bus!

Thanksgiving in preschool is so cool! The kids got to pretend to be pilgrims and have their own Thanksgiving Feast. I just love River as a pilgrim! I asked her what her favorite part of the feast was and she said, "The Hamburgers." (they were really turkey sandwiches on a roll...maybe we've been going to McDonald's too much.)Speaking of McDonald's, Sariah can say it perfectly every time we drive by. She can also say all of our neighbors first and last names, but not River's name. What?! She'll look out the window and say, "Danny Johnson", "Nathan" "Leah", but we can't get her to say "River". Maybe it's all the r's? She has been using more sentences too. Such as;
"Where daddy go, mom?"
"Again, mom!"
"I drink too. I drink too."
"I want treat too."
"Clown scary." (Cameron has an old jack in the box she is terrified/in love with. She loves to watch it pop out, but doesn't want to be too close when it does.)
"No, mine!"


Sariah says "Flag big!"
I say, "Yes. Is that a big flag?"
Sariah says, "No. Little, little."
I say "Oh, a little flag."
Sariah says, "No! Big flag. Big!"

I love it when kids start to talk. It's so amazing how fast they learn. River took this picture of Sariah. Is it just me, or do her eyes look green in this picture?


This is just a picture of the girls playing in the snow. It was falling so beautifully and slow...




Another of Sariah's favorite things is a Sesame Street Monsters on the Bus book. River loved this book too, in fact I have video of River singing the same song when she was Sariah's age.

River has been saying some funny things lately too.

Me: Thanks for waiting so patiently. River: That's my pleasure!

Me: How was nursery? River: Nursery is fun, but not as fun as candy.

Cam: I'm going to trap you! River: Dad, you are the best entrapper!

River: Mom, look at this Thanksgiving turkey I drew. It's not going to get eaten. It's going to join the circus and run on top of a big ball.

2 comments:

Pleasant Valley Sod said...

Saria just can't make up her mind if the flag is big or little can she. from Shaun
P.S. check out my blog!

Heather E. said...

Holy cow. How stinkin' cute! Like I said, having 2 girls that talk really terrifies me.