Thursday, October 29, 2009

SpOOky Stuff

I took this picture out of our car window as we left for Roosevelt to spend Halloween. The fog hung thick and low on the mountians, it swirled around the car windows, fogging them up. River asked,"Mom, who came and put that white stuff on my window?" We prepared for Halloween all week by carving pumpkins, hanging decorations, and making cookies. Once in Roosevelt we headed over to the farm to visit with the Hickens. We played football on the lodge lawn and ate lunch with Shawn, Aunt Nerry and Grandma and Grandpa Hicken. Halloween night we got the girls dressed up and took them to the ward trunk-or-treat, then went knocking on doors.
River loved trick-or-treating, but I think she was more intersted in all the spooky costumes. At one door, the homeowner asked for a trick, so River roared her loudest ROaR at him. It was so funny. After River's candy bag became too heavy for her to carry, we went over to Grandma Giles house to eat and help her hand out candy. Grandma made us ham and beans, and warm rolls with butter and jam for. It was divine.
My Grandma and Grandpa's house gets tons of trick-or-treaters. Whenever the doorbell rang, River would shout, "Kids!" and she ran with Grandma to the door to help hand out the candy. Some of the older kids had scary costumes, so when she saw them she backed away a couple of steps, then said, "I'm not scared of anything" and ran up to put the candy in their bag. After she braved the monsters she ran back into the house and told everyone, "I'm not scared of anything scary." "I'm not scared of Alligators!" "I'm the scariest!" It was sooo entertaining! She had much more fun handing out candy with Grandma than she did going trick or treating. Sariah couldn't eat the candy, but that didn't stop her from playing with it. Crinkly sound? Check! Fits in one hand? Check! Brightly colored? Check!
Hope your Halloween was as great as ours!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Looks like you had a fun Halloween! The girls are so cute!

Natalie said...

It's fun to see your girls! River looks all grown up! Sariah is so cute.