Monday, November 16, 2009

Someone Get This Girl Some Legos

I was busy making dinner. River was climbing on the counter, jumping off, running into the living room, climbing up, scampering down, climbing up....you get the picture. I was distracted so I kept saying, "River, quit climbing up and down. You'll fall! Geesh!" After a while River yelled, "Mom, mom! I made a train." Sure enough she'd used books and muffin-tin liners to constructed a 2-D train with a smoke-stack and wheels. She was pretty proud. The next day. ANOTHER TRAIN. This time out of crayons and plastic coins. I find little creations like this all over the place. Bugs, spiders, trains, people. Thank goodness Christmas is coming because River needs some real building materials. One other funny thing. River came to me the other day and asked. "Mommy. Do you want to see my pretty reds?" I said "uh,sure..." and she pulled down her bottom eyelids. "See?!"

Someone has been looking in the mirror too much.





6 comments:

Tasha said...

She is so inventive! I remember when I was watching her she'd always make "cars" out of random things. It was funny! The "pretty reds" story made me laugh!

Gwen said...

Funny funny girl!

Alison said...

I can't wait to see you guys and River's "pretty reds" on Thanksgiving! Yes, of course you can come tree hunting with us.

Anthony and Kristie said...

I am sure you already know this, but your daughter is brilliant.

Heather E. said...

Haven does that red thing too!

Gwen said...

I'm giving you an award for your blog. Come to 21daystoanewme.blogspot.com to claim it!!!