Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cinderella Saturday


Under the direction of the evil step-mother...me... we cleaned, cooked, dusted and scrubbed all day Saturday. We did the dishes! And the washing! We were running running running 'till we got dizzy dizzy dizzy. Night and day, day and night with Cinderelly! Ahem, lapsed into song there, sorry. We organized! We swept!

Sariah cheated and lounged around a bit, being the wicked step sister, but Cameron, River and I slaved away the whole day.



And then, as the clock struck five, (and this is the best part of Cinderella Saturday) something magical happened. Our clothes were transformed into sparkly ball gowns and our shoes into glass slippers. Cameron became Prince Charming and a shiny white Kia pulled up in front of our house to whisk us away for dinner and icecream!



All thanks to our Fairy Godmother... Grandma Giles!

We arrived home just before our car turned back into a pumpkin, put the girls to bed, and lived happily ever after.

Although, I am still looking for a missing glass slipper...


(I'm sure this is a tradition we will keep doing now that we have two girls. Next time I'm going to let River watch the Cinderella movie when she's done with her chores, and maybe buy her a little princess crown to wear to dinner. She didn't like to be called Cinderella all day though. The funniest look would come over her face and she would shout, "No, I'm River!" )

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All pretty in purple!! Thank heaven for fairy godmother's! I can't wait to get up there. love, mom

Alison said...

Aw, this post made my day. Thanks. Hope you have a relaxing evening!

Jen said...

What a cute tradition! Got any ideas for little boys? Haha.

Heather E. said...

Haven loves that darn Cinderella. Her jelly shoes have become glass slippers. (I know! I love Jelly Shoes!) And she has memorized the whole story and we have to recite it together before bedtime and naptime. I really must learn to embrace the princess obsession that two girls are bound to have. Two girls! How fun!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and cam, AND FOR YOUR MOM AND DAD, I BET THEY ARE OVER JOYED, WE ARE ALL HAPPY OUT HEAR IN ROSEVELT,LOVE GM GILES

The Glad Family said...

So fun! Looks like you guys turned into some very beautiful Princesses! Hey, my mom is coming to town next week for Parker's birthday and we are going to Niagra Falls on Sunday (Father's Day). I know it is close to Buffalo and we would love to have you guys join us if you don't have plans!!