This has been the second week since Cameron has returned to work and it's been interesting here at home. Today River and I had cereal for breakfast AND lunch. Then, when the mailman delivered a package, I could barely open the door because of the baby paraphernalia on the floor. I was still in my pajamas, Sariah was crying and River came running to the door with no pants on. And it was NOON. I could tell the mailman was suppressing a sympathetic chuckle. I'm beginning to think my house may never be clean again. Oh, and I also had to take some cookie dough out on the porch to cry when River refused to take her nap. I was looking forward to a little sleep myself, and my dream was crushed!
That being said, I love being a mom! I have fallen in love with Sariah, her beautiful lips and quivering chin. I love the little cry she gives when she wants to be cuddled. I love the way her skin smells, and stroking her soft soft hair. And it is so much fun to watch River being a big sister. She loves to hold Sariah and play with her feet. She also takes her job as sister very seriously, and brings me the boppy, diapers, wipes, or whatever I need. If Cameron or I get the diaper instead it is a disaster...she has to do it. What a sweetie.



It has also been wonderful to see Cameron become a dad all over again. There's nothing like watching your husband bond with your new baby. I love coming home from grocery shopping to see him with his two girls.

Some of River's favorite books are the "Froggy" series, so we couldn't miss the chance to meet Froggy at the library. River was a bit startled when Froggy first came in, and it took some coaxing, but she eventually went and shook his hand. After Froggy left she said with a pouty face, "Wait! I didn't get to kiss Froggy! I wanted to kiss Froggy!"


Good news: River has decided she'd rather play as mommy than baby, and has her own baby to take care of now. The only problem is when Sariah is in the bouncer and baby doll wants to be in there too. They are learning to
share.

And because I can't take Sariah to church yet and don't have to get ready myself, I have a little extra time to get River all gussied up. Here she is in curlers reading yet
another Curious George book.
7 comments:
VERY cute pictures. When I first started reading I was kinda freaked out about having another baby but I read on and now I'm super excited. Your girls are gorgeous!
OH--and I'm jealous because it looks nice and green there. It's green here but the wind sucks!
So cute! I only have one baby, and I'm sometimes still in my pajamas at noon. :)
So fun Sheena! Miss you guys. Your girls are beautiful! Richelle is right, after reading your blog today maybe having two won't be so crazy after all! Hope Parker is as good with our soon-to-be new one as River is with Sariah.
That's so cute she takes care of her baby like that:) And how do you get her to let you put curlers in her hair??? kaylee hates them and won't let me do it.
You're doing great! WE have in our family what I like to call pajama days, where that's what we're in all day long:) Don't worry about the house, b/c soon enough they'll be grown and gone. Hope all is going well:)
Your girls are so beautiful! That is great River is being a helpful big sister :) P.S. If I was there I would totally see Star Trek with you. Maybe we can watch it in the dollar theater when I return?
You have such beautiful girls! I love the pictures.
Hang in there! I don't have any advice as that I'm just figuring it all out with one. All you can do is take it as it comes and enjoy it. Just think, before you know what happened, Sariah will be River's age.
I read your birth story. I understand 100%, but they broke my water first, then gave me pitocin. Didn't work. It was rough. I'm glad to hear River wasn't as hard. Gives me hope that its not always so bad and maybe I'll be brave enough to try it again sometime.
Post a Comment