Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Highlights of our Trip and a Poll

The number one absolutely best thing about visiting DC was seeing Gene and Carolyn. River loved being with them, and adored them from the moment we got there. With Grandma reading her all the books she could possibly want, to Grandpa kicking the soccer ball with her, she had a blast. I wish we could visit them all the time.

The number two absolutely best thing about visiting DC was visiting with the Elison's. For some unbeknownst reason I took zero pictures of this event (I blame pregnancy), and will now have to steal them off of Heather's blog. Woe is me.

The number three absolutely best thing about visiting DC was the Tangy Sweet shop we discovered around the corner from hotel. I can't come up with enough adjectives to describe how much I revel in their frozen yogurt. I pine after it daily. The thing is, it's not like regular frozen yogurt that just tastes like ice cream. It tastes like yogurt. But frozen. It's brilliant. The flavors are plain, green tea, pomegranate, and peppermint. I'm salivating just thinking about it.

The number four absolutely best thing about visiting DC was when we checked into our super-posh hotel (courtesy of Cameron's work) the porter accidentally dropped River's potty and the interior bowl went rolling down the stairs of the front lobby. The porter dashed madly after the bowl while everyone watched. It was so funny!

And another thing. On the long drive to DC we narrowed our favorite baby names down to three. Please vote for one on the sidebar poll. New ideas are great too!

7 comments:

Fig said...

We have FreshBerry here - sounds like the same thing as Tangy Sweet. I think Pinkberry and Red Mango are also similar. SO. GOOD.

Your name choices are all gorgeous - you're a woman after my own heart. I picked Sariah just because I liked it the best ... but I think Eden sounds best with River. They're both kind of earthy nature names. HOWEVER. You can't go wrong with any of the three.

Tasha said...

I love all three of those names as well! That frozen yogurt sounds delicious!

Tamaran said...

I think I'm going to have to add you to my blog list so that I can keep up on your fam. Well, mainly I mean River and your pregnancy (I love all 3 names, but I like Eden and Livia most-and in that order).

I can't believe River is that big! I didn't get a chance to see her when I dropped by your parents house to meet Mel (she was sleeping), and I have no idea when I saw her before that... Time does fly. She is SO adorable!

Oh, I should probably let you know that this is Tamaran, and I absolutely loved reading your letter to River.

Heather E. said...

I chose Sariah, because it's so pioneery in every wonderful way imaginable and I love Eirene's sister to death. (Think super crocheter) I really like the other names. There was a new baby recently born in our ward and I keep calling her Eve and her mom said that it happens all the time. Just a consideration.

Alison said...

Out of the 3 names, I like Eden the most. The story about the man running after River's potty just kills me! Haha!

Anthony and Kristie said...

Good think River can't read, I don't think she will be happy with the way the poll is turning out. Sariah is at the bottom of the list.

A&J&Baby said...

andrew is protesting for the name "brooke"... eventhough i told him it wasnt an option. .. although he wasnt laughing when people told us to name our second boy "easton"!