We celebrated Cameron's birthday this year in Washington D.C. with his Mom and Dad, who are serving their mission there. Cam's mom made him a birthday cake with chocolate-chip-triple-fudge-frosting. It was divine! Afterwards, Cam's parents took us to a Watoto Children's Choir Concert. The choir tours the United States to raise awareness about children in Africa who have lost their parents to AIDS. It was really inspirational and we loved the African singing and dancing.

The next day we hopped on the Metro to tour a couple of Smithsonians and see downtown DC. I think River's favorite part was riding the Metro, she called it a train and kept asking where the smoke was.


Cameron's favorite movie of all time is The Wizard of Oz, so we had to get a picture by the original Ruby Red Slippers!
Later in the week it was Carolyn's birthday so we all went and ate Thai food at a restaurant near Dupont Circle. The chopsticks kept River entertained, and she actually got the hang of them near the end! 
7 comments:
She's got to be smart if she can eat with chopsticks---cuz I cant! She's so cute!
Happy Birthday Cam! We miss you guys!
so I think I said that Haven and River are 10 days apart on my blog and I think they're 6 days apart. Sorry. Haven really loves checking your blog now.
That picture with River with the giraffe is awesome!! I love it:) Getting close, 1 month to go! I bet you're all getting excited!
So, I'm leaving a conglomerate comment for the last few postings. That video of River reading the book is amazing! I was completely riveted. She's so smart. Also, she can maneuver chopsticks. Point proven. I'm so jealous/happy that you and Heather were able to connect in DC. I love that town, and I love you people, and it sounded like a jolly holiday in the Capitol! I'm so excited for you to have your baby! Have you decided on a name for your little gal?
It looks like you guys had alot of fun! Are you guys coming to Utah this summer?
I know I already commented, but I wanted to swiftly confirm to you that baby carriers are a must have! ESPECIALLY with two! Sling, not so much. Slings are hell on the shoulders. But a good baby carrier makes for happy babies, and unfatigued mamas. Sites to check out, mobywrap.com (what I use the most.) ergobabycarrier.com (good if you do a lot of outdoorsy, hikey stuff, and fairly masculine for dad use.) babyhawk.com (the cutest.) I am a baby carrier addict! And I have one of each of these. (But! I made my babyhawk, and a Moby wrap is incredibly easy to make as well!)
Post a Comment