Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Crochet, Food Edition

After crocheting a plastic bag holder (boring) I've been wanting to do some creative crochet. To get some ideas I've been surfing free pattern sites. I must have been hungry at the time because food patterns seemed like a perfect new project, but what can you really do with a yarn hot dog? People. The good news is that anything can be crocheted. Anything. Even adorable little cupcakes.




And mini apples. I really really want to make these....aren't they fabulous?! But I can't seem to justify it because I wouldn't actually use them for any specific purpose. Maybe River would play with them...





Or there is this delicious pattern. I'm sure it is just the thing the you've always wanted. A toast purse. And now you can crochet your very own! Looking at this is making me hungry. And reminding me of all the toast and spray -butter I during at college.

This next pattern may actually be useful.

Dressing up for the next Harry Potter film? These yarn radishes would be perfect to use for a Luna Lovegood costume, which isn't complete without her famous radish (or to be precise, dirigible plum) earrings. Though I think they are orange in the book.

And for the man in your life, fried-egg cuffs. This pattern comes for a great site called MonsterCrochet. It has wonderful patterns for things like a Golum hat and spooky severed fingers.


For more fun crochet ideas click the 'Crochet Pattern Central' link in the sidebar of this blog.

Thanks for tuning in.

4 comments:

Barrettes and Bows said...

what the???crochet toast? Hmmmm..go figure.

Fig said...

The crochet food leaves me verklempt. And I really need those radishes - in orange - or my life won't be complete.

Is there a special crocheters' inside joke about fried egg cuffs? 'Cause I just really don't get that one.

Heather E. said...

Oh the things yarn can make. And the toast also makes me recal Toast Stencils. Remember those? Fanie was the worst! Her toast stencil was always so pretty on the counter. I'm so grateful for the comic relief.

Arianne said...

Oh my gosh, Sheena. You have to make all the crochet food for River to play with when she gets a little older! I'm serious. Kids love playing with pretend food. Do it!