You see, I have this dilemma. I've been wanting to spruce up our blog, but whenever I add a cute background or change the colors, the title of our blog throws it all off. It clearly states that our blog is The White Pages. Not The Polka Dot Pages or The Prettily Textured Pages. Even though I've come up with a few great designs, they just don't fit. I was worrying about it one night while peeling a carrot for dinner and before I knew it I had whittled the carrot down to the size of a tooth-pick. It is starting to ruin my life! I mean, what's next? I buy margarine instead of butter?! Something must be done. Maybe I'll just change the title to something else. Like 'The White House'. Or 'Whitey Tighties.' Sigh. I think I'll just give in and leave the background white. You'll just have to forgive me for my apparent lack of creativity.
4 comments:
I would totally leave it white. I sort of feel that blogs should be solid colors (or non-colors) with nice accents. I get confused trying to read through the patterns . . .
that said, if you DO want to get a texture or some dots, which is your prerogative as the White blogmaster, I think The White House is a great option.
Sheena... your blog looks wonderful, however, if you are lookin' for some great ideas http://www.pyzam.com/bloggertemplates has a lot of them :) It solved my problem of having a completely drab blog
I've actually pondered over your dilemma too. And I've discovered that you're one of the lucky ones because your name is a color and it in and of itself is your guideline but Elison is not a color and I'm getting sick of extravaganza and I want to have a catchy slogan, but I can't come up with anything witty and worthwhile. help.
Thanks for the encouragement ya all. I thought about going with The White House but would I have to do stars & stripes? And Marcy, I will definately look into pyzam...I love the way your text scrolls but the sidebars don't.
Heather- trying to help, not succeding. Came up with
L.I.F.E lison
and
Excerpts of an Elison (that may not even make sense...)
Maybe something about Tar Heels? I dunno. I'll let you know if anything brilliant permiates my brain. By the way, I still love Elison Extravaganza. It reminds me of you.
Post a Comment