They are re-shingling our apartment complex and it is so noisy around here River isn't getting any sleep. They plugged their nail gun in right outside our apartment and every time they hammer in another shingle, the lights flicker. It is so frustrating to watch River's eyes slowly droop close only to pop back open with every jolt of the nail gun. I don't know about other kids, but River without a nap is not pretty! Yesterday, right when Riv finally fell asleep I had a construction worker pounding on my door asking me to flip the breaker because they had overloaded the circuits. And who woke up? River! And I finally realized that they were using our power, that we pay for. And they have been using the outlet right outside our door for weeks. That has to add up. So Cameron called our manager. I don't know what's going to happen but we better get a few bucks off our rent next month. Not to mention free rent for a month due to my lack of sanity. Yesterday one of the workers on our roof started singing, "Green Acres is the place to be!" at the top of his lungs. He kept it up all day, I'm surprised one of his fellow workers didn't throw him off the roof. Anyways, after nearly 5 years of apartment living I should be used to this sort of hassle. I can't wait until we have our own house and I can paint the walls red and have a garden in the yard. And I won't even complain about having to mow the lawn!
Oh yeah, this is for my parents who bought River this awesome ball-popper toy. She can turn it on by herself now and loves it when Cam plays it with her. As usual, she was a little distracted by the camera in this video,(she usually grabs the balls out of Cameron's mouth and throws them) but you get an idea of how much she loves the popper. And the other video is just kinda cute.
3 comments:
No teeth for Haven STILL. And apartment living sucks. agreed.
I had red walls in our first house. Our second house has only yellow walls.
I MISS my red walls.
I was thinking about blogging on the subject.
Also, I detest unpolite construction workers waking up your baby. Throw stuff at them.
I can't WAIT to get out of apartments! I also cant wait to paint the walls, and call me crazy but I'm excited to do yard work. Ahh... those will be the days
Post a Comment