River La Blueberry
So I crocheted a hat for River. First it turned out too small, and after unraveling quite a bit of it and starting over, it turned out too big. I thought, "oh well...too big is better than too little, at least I can get it on her head, right?" Right, except for the fact that, and little did I know this at the time, the yarn I was so lovingly spinning into a warm winter hattie was the exact same shade of purple as River's coat. So when we decided to go for a walk in the dreary weather and River excitedly (yes excitedly) donned her new hat and coat the resulting look was crushing...the dreaded and much despised blueberry. Yuucckk. Even River knows she looks like a blueberry.
Maybe if the hat wasn't so big, her head wouldn't look so round. And blueberry-ish.
Anyway, it looks slightly better without the matching purple coat and with the brim rolled up a bit. But really, what's the point of wearing a hat if you're not going to wear a coat? Hmm. Anybody have a good crochet coat pattern? Anyone?
4 comments:
Sheena.. I love the hat.. and the blueberry head:) You can't make your little girl look bad, because she is too cute! ps maybe if you did feed River raw meat instead of raspberries she would be chubby like Alexis.. that isn't what I do by the way.
Yeah, I need your pattern for a hat. And then I want to make a nice cardigan and coat. What to do? And the hat is so "yarn" cute. And dang! River's eyes are gorgeous.
I hope we are only expressing concern for the "You're turning Violet, Violet!" aspect of blueberries, and not prejudice against them in general, because blueberries are delicious and nutritious and I think they have antioxidants.
All good reasons for pretty babies with kick-A names to dress up like them!
what great skills you have!
Post a Comment