Monday, September 24, 2007

Ta Da! Zero money, people!

Hey ya all. I made these shoes for River to protect her toenails, which were always chipping off from crawling around at the playground. I've since added ribbon to tie 'em shut so they stay on better, and so far they work like a charm.












Yes, one is brown and one is purple...sort of eclectic. I used some (free) old couch-fabric scraps that I had. Unfortunately, no two scraps were alike. Fortunately, I love the way these turned out anyways.


These would make a great gifts for the babies in your life.... go forth and multiply this project! They are super easy, and require minuscule amounts of fabric. I got the pattern from Heather Baily's
website. She only has patterns for 0-3 & 3-6 months old but I just upped the size, used durable fabric, and added laces to accommodate River's needs. There are some great ideas here to get you started! The next pair I'm making are going to be out of leather ( if I can find some cheap on ebay) because River is already wearing these ones out. I'll let you know how it goes.

This video is of River's new booties in action! She loves to go to the park and get in all the other kids way on the jungle-gym, so I give them a break by letting her swing for a while.


2 comments:

Heather E. said...

Oh. My. Cuteness. You're so dang genius. I bought some leather booties for H at target that are supposed to fit, but her feet are too skinny and the shoes look funny. I'll worry more when and if she starts to crawl.

Anonymous said...

oh my heck, where did you get all of your talent from.........me!?! Those shoes are the coolest shoes I have ever seen!! I can't believe that she is old enough to swing, she is so cute.