We finally got a new camera off of ebay. I've never been an avid ebayer. Previously, in fact, the only thing I'd ever gotten from ebay was a small tin of buttons. And I didn't even bid on them, I used the buy-it-now feature. So I was woefully unprepared for the competitiveness I experienced when actually bidding on an item. For those of you who use ebay, you understand. Bidding is strangely addicting and you MUST WIN.
Cameron and I sat huddled around our computer pressing the refresh button every few seconds.
"somebody outbid us! who does this guy think he is?"
"jerk! we'll show him. bid higher. quick!"
"ah ha! we're winning."
"okay, okay don't get too excited, there is still 30 seconds left. I bet that idiot is waiting to bid at the last second. quick, hit refresh again."
"wow, this is so exciting! I never win anything!........hit refresh."
"we won!"
"viiiiiiictory! viiiiictory!"
(silence. both stare at computer screen.)
"uh, so how much do we have to pay? Are you sure this is a good price? maybe it's cheaper at bestbuy."
"well...crap. look, the shipping alone is 20 bucks..."
And so we have a camera. But did we get it for a good price? I don't know, I don't dare look. Next time I'll do my research. Next time I'll be prepared with price comparisons and shipping costs.
Next go round I'll get a decent price.... unless some pinhead decides to out bid me. Then it's war.
2 comments:
Sheena may not think so...but we DID manager a VERY good rate for our new camera.
~Cameron
Sheena,
Ah it's good to laugh...your funny..do you know this?
Post a Comment