Sunday, March 11, 2012

3...2...1... BLAST OFF!!!


River wanted an outer space birthday party this year.  I've been telling her that when she turned 5 she could have her first 'friend' birthday party and she didn't let me forget.  I happen to love all things pertaining to outer space so I was excited to help River plan the party.  Cameron even downloaded StarWars and StarTrek music to play during the games.  It was rad.  The kids had to pass five missions in order to complete their astronaut training...


Mission 1: Space Walk


Mission 2: Destroy the Asteroids

Mission 3: Rocket Launch


Mission 4: Gather Moon Rocks using Astronaut Arm


Mission 5: Deep Space Retrieval
(the kids had to venture into our cold storage room, aka deep space, and retrieve a packet of glow in the dark stars.  It was as close to a space walk as you can get without an anti-gravity machine...)
The Cake....
River picked and helped me decorate the rocket cake.  She loved that the candles were the spaceship's propulsion flames.

No comments: