"...men are that they might have joy." 1 Nephi 2:25--- The joyous happenings of two busy parents, one unruly four year old, and an adorable toddler.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Soccer Girl
Cameron and I are coaching River's soccer team. River was so excited to get dressed up for her first practice.
She had to have her hair done like a 'soccer girl' and had to wear shorts so her socks would show, even though it was freezing cold. And of coarse she thought her shin guards were so cool. "That way I won't get hurt! They are hard, see Mom! (hitting her legs with her hands) They protect me!" We held the first practice yesterday and it was hilarious. We have 9 kids on our team, and they basically ran in a pack around the ball giggling and trying not to touch the ball with their hands. When the ball went out of bounds they just kept on running and Cameron had to chase them down. So funny. I love watching Cameron coach, he is really great and patient with the kids.
River scored the only goal during scrimage. Aiden came up to her afterwards and said, "It's really great to see you score a goal, River." He was so cute and polite! I'm sure we will have many more soccer posts in the future, but I just had to post the picture of River in her soccer gear. Until next time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment