Sunday, February 20, 2011

A few words for our girls.

For River:

When River woke up on her fourth birthday this year I told her, "You're four years old today!" She burst into tears and said "No I'm not Mom! I don't feel like I'm four!" It was so sad. I thought she would be excited, but instead she kept stomping around and saying "I'm NOT four, Mom!" I think she expected to wake up and have something magical and wonderful happen. When I finally convinced her that she was indeed four, she was still upset, so I asked her what she wanted to do now that she was four. She wanted to crack an egg. So we made cookies and I let her crack the eggs. She smashed the first egg and got it everywhere and she started to cry, but with a bit of coaxing I got her to try again. And she did it! She was pretty happy that she could "crack an egg now that I'm four!" It was so cute. She is still mad that she can't do handstands or whistle yet, but I keep telling her to practice. (ah, the dreams of a four year old!)

The other day River was playing by herself when I heard her shout "WHAT IN TARNATION?!"
It was hilarious.

When Cameron asked her to help set the table she said, "Sir! Yes sir!"

She loves to dance around and sing her own songs.

She tells stories while creating "masterpieces" with her new art kit.

River and Sariah are really sweet together. I love it when they give each other hugs, or when River pretends to be the baby and Sariah will put her arm around River's neck and feed her "take"(cake, hee hee) Ah, it melts my heart.

Riv isn't shy. She likes to make new friends where ever she goes. She told the cashier at the gas station, "This is my little sister Sariah. She's the cutest little sister ever! We are buying her a potty treat!" Too much information!

She's been sleeping with her baseball bat lately to "kill the monsters" that come into her room. At times she can be very girly and at others times she is rough and tumble. Her favorite game to play with the neighbors is "war" which I'm not sure I like, but it involves all the neighbor kids with swords and shields protecting "Princess River" from the bad guys. River's the youngest one (besides Riah) so she always gets protected and she always has to have her own sword. One time I looked out the window and she was carrying a HUGE toy bazooka. I have no idea where she got it from, but it was pretty hilarious seeing her pack it around.

River keeps us on our toes, but she is also very caring and kind to others. She's curious about everything and when she doesn't understand something she tilts her head crinkles up her cute little nose.

For Sariah:

Ah, my little Riah. Why is her age so darn cute? Sariah is talking like crazy. Some of my favorite things she likes to say are

"I'm tute." (cute)

Or she'll grab my cheeks, look me straight in the eye and say "I want take!" (cake)

"I want ba -lue crayon." Her favorite color is blue and when she says it her lips poke out like a little fish.

"I look for toe jam now." That is my cue to take off her socks so she can search her toes. Ah ha ha ha. So silly!

Cameron loves it when she says,
"I get tandy?" (candy)
"Love you!"
"Where mommy go?"
"More milk, pleeeaase."
"Look at my baby Riv!"


Sariah has been potty trained for a couple of weeks now, knock on wood! She really does great and hasn't ever had an accident after the first few days. If I'm washing the dishes or something when she has to go, River will even take her and help her go potty.

Sariah loves to run up and down the kitchen floor as fast as she can yelling, "Look at me, Daddy! I fast!" When we are on a drive she also loves to spot all of the American flags in town. (River did this too, I suppose it's my way of keeping them occupied in the car)

She knows her colors and shapes and loves to draw and paint. She will also dance and "jump" off of things like pillows. Even though her feet don't leave the ground she thinks she's jumping SO high.

It's hard to ever be unhappy when Sariah is around. She's a little ball of chubby cheeks and pouty lips and warm hugs.

We love you girls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you guys sooooo much!!!
Love, Grammy Diane