"...men are that they might have joy." 1 Nephi 2:25--- The joyous happenings of two busy parents, one unruly four year old, and an adorable toddler.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Sewing is Hard, Painting is Fun
Yeah, I made this apron for my niece's bridal shower. It was hard, but I conquered my fear of sewing. I mean, it actually looks half decent!
Other projects I've completed recently are a clock and mirror I found at the thrift store. I cleaned up the clock and painted the background and frame black.
I think it looks much more sleek and modern, and I love how the trees stand out now.
I painted and distressed this mirror for our hallway. I want to put a thin green ribbon around the flower pot. How do you feel about the mirror? Be honest, you won't hurt my feelings! Too turquoise? Is it a weird shape, or do you like it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
LOVE them both! You are so creative! I never would have thought to do that with the clock and it is so cute now! I also love the turquoise... it reminds me of Mexico in a good way :) haha
I love that clock. One of a kind. But I want it. A green ribbon would be fab. I simply must come to stay with you this may. Great apron!
I love the mirror!!!!
It all looks great. Good job on the sewing! The green ribbon for the flower pot will finish it off nicely. I also want the clock...that's amazing.
That apron is adorable!!! Good job:) I love how it ruffles!
Wow Sheen! You are amazing! That apron is so cute! I really like the clock and I like how the mirror looks distrested. It gives it character. The green ribbon would definitely make it "pop"!
I love the apron! Awesome! And I'm going to have to come see your mirror and clock! You're so cool!
Gosh Sheena, you are so crafty! I wish you were still here so we could go thrift store searching together :)
Post a Comment