Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Six Months Ago

Six months ago, Sariah lived in this belly.
(yeah, I know I'm huge. This picture was taken a week after Sariah was due. ) We waited and waited for her arrival, but the day came and went, and no Sariah. A week later, we couldn't wait any longer and told the doctor "we want a baby already!" So we went to the hospital and waited, and waited. Then, finally, in the late afternoon, BAM. Sariah was born. Welcome sweetie! I love this picture of her sucking on her fingers right after she was born. Even a month before she was born we went in for an ultrasound and she had her whole hand inside her mouth and was sucking away. At one month old she was sweet smelling, cuddly and pretty in pink. She gained weight her first week, and was a content little darling. Cameron and I would take turns bouncing her on an exercise ball and she'd quiet down and fall asleep. At 2 months old Sariah got a bad case of baby acne, yet was still adorable. How do babies do that? At 3 months old she became way too cute for clothes. At this point life was great. Sariah was sleeping through the night and we were all used to having a baby in the house.At 4 months old Sariah comes to love hanging out with her River. Her eyes would follow River all around the room and she'd smile when River came close.


5 months old....too cute for clothes, again. She loves her tummy, in fact she won't even sleep on her back anymore, she just keeps rolling over.And a half-year old! Woo hoo! I think her shirt says it all. Cutielicious. And those cheeks!Wow. Just wow. It's hard to tell who she looks like with those cheeks in the way.


6 MONTH STATS
24.5 inches.....25%
15.4 pounds....25%

We were surprised that Sariah is only in the twenty-fifth percentile for weight...she seems so darn chubby. Not saying that we don't love the chubbiness. We do! It's a nice change from River's chicken legs. (which we adore too.)


Some great things Sariah is doing.....
*saying da da da da, ah da da da!
*rolling over one way
*sitting up by herself
*scooching on her tummy
*passing object from one hand to another, and grabbing anything she can get her hands on.
*eating! squash, cereal, sweet potatoes, green beans!
*stealing our hearts
*smiling, smiling, smiling. And laughing once in while...
*she does this thing were she waves her right arm up and down, up and down when she is excited. so cute.
**favorite toys are toothbrushes, paper, and any plastic that makes a crinkling sound
*splashes in the tub, but then it might be the hand waving thing...
Point is, we love you Sariah!

6 comments:

Tasha said...

For some reason my "updater" doesn't always show me right away when you update, not sure why! I love blog stalking ya! Well I guess it's not really "stalking" because I usually leave comments :)

Anyway, your girls are adorable as ever! Sariah's cheeks are so chubby and cute.

Heather E. said...

I can't fathom that she's doing all that. I love the little milestones. And she looks like Cameron I think.

Gwen said...

She is so stinkin' cute! It's fun seeing her through the months! And you weren't THAT big, although I'm sure you felt like you were! Thank you so much for the cookies for Ethan. He loved them and wouldn't share with anyone. I hope my kiddos get better soon and we can play!

Fig said...

I could have her for dessert.

Kayc said...

So cute! I can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

Alison said...

I have to agree with Heather, she looks more like Cameron.
I can't believe how fast your kids are growing. By the time we have our first little one, your girls might be going to school already! Wow.