Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Big Reveal

We, by choice, did not find out River's gender until she was born.

It was a huge struggle for us to decide if we wanted to know the gender of our second baby before the birth. However, after much debate, and a few 'rock-scissor-paper' contests, we decided to take the plunge and find out.

And we now know that the baby is...


a girl!





a boy!



That's right my friends, we have deduced through the superior technology of modern medicine that our baby will be either male or female! Isn't it amazing what ultrasound machines can do?

Seriously though. We were thwarted by our very own baby, who was curled up in the most adorable little ball you've ever seen. There was no peeking between those legs!


(I thoughtfully created this 'key' for those of you who aren't adept at deciphering the crystal clear images an ultrasound can produce ;) )

And the little stinkers' legs were even crossed. I have proof! Look at these cutsie crossed feetsies.

This is my favorite sequence of pictures. Here, the baby seems to be waving. It's a profile picture of the baby laying on it's back, cute little nose and chin visible...and there's the hand right above the nose.

The good news is, the baby is perfectly healthy.

And we'll be having another ultrasound Dec. 3. Because of the baby's position there were a few other things the doctor still needs to check on. Well, wish us better luck next time!

7 comments:

Jen said...

Congratuations on the boy, or girl...good luck in December! I love ultrasounds, they're so amazing.

mjlamb's said...

Congrats... I didn't even know that you were pregnant. So when are you due? Wishing your a healthy baby no matter the sex

Amber said...

ya! congratulations!

Anonymous said...

oh, he/she is sooooo cute!!! i still can't believe that you can see things so good. love, mom

Natabug and Thayners said...

I'm thinking happy boy thoughts. Maybe it's cause of Tyson.

Heather E. said...

what? no! I can't wait another month for the big reveal. At least IT is cute even en utero. You should've told off the ultrasound tech like they did in Juno.

The Gurney Family said...

Congrats Sheena!!! I am so excited for you! How are you doing?