Friday, August 15, 2008

Palmyra / Pagent/ Big Bum

So today River hit my bum and said 'Big bum!' What a proud moment. I was in tears, for laughing. There may have been real tears too. But forget all that. Pretend that she said 'small bum' just to make me happy. I may have a big bum, but I smile better than River in pictures. Just look at these in Palmyra. This is how River smiles if you tell her to smile. You have to catch her smiling, but you can't actually ask her to smile. My brother Tyrell has at least a years worth of pictures, when he was this age, with the same face. You can't see their eyes at all, it's so cute! A couple of weeks ago we went with our stake to the Hill Cumorah Pagent in Palmyra, NY. It was pretty impressive. We went early to see the Palmyra Temple (the temple we use), and to hike Hill Cumorah and the Sacred Grove.

My favorite part was the Sacred Grove. It was absolutly peaceful with the sun filtering lazily through the trees. I want to go back. River's favorite part was the car keys. She loves keys all of a sudden. She has to 'unlock' the back door everytime we go out, and 'unlock' the trunk and car door. If Cameron or I unlock the car before she has chance to try it, she is furious. The upside is that, in the first video, the keys entertained her for at least 30 minutes while we were waiting for the pagent to start.







4 comments:

Marcy said...

wow! I cant believe you live so far away!!! I am so jealous of your post... Ive always wanted to go to that pageant and the sacred grove

Audra said...

Now worries...you DO NOT have a big bum! I am sure you already knew that but I just wanted to reassure you.

Audra said...

that is supposed to say NO worries, I am an idiot.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reassuranc Audra! Children are too darn honest.