


I have recently read...
'The Memory Keeper's Daughter',
'The Life of Pi',
'The Kite Runner'
and 'Anna Karenina'.
They were all really wonderfully written, interesting books. However, this is troubling to me because I can't say that I would recommend any of these books to you, or to anyone. Don't get me wrong, they are excellent books, they make you think, ...but the reason I am lumping them all into one catagory is that they all left me sad. Disheartened. I've discovered that I can't stand books that happen like real life, where no hero saves the day, and no magic-spell changes the outcome. Really, I don't enjoy reading books about suicides or adultry or murders. Even if they are critically acclaimed best-sellers or on the list of Oprah's Book Club. I need to read books that leave me entertained or uplifted or imagining. I'm currently reading 'Oliver Twist' for the first time and if it ends up badly for little Oliver, I'm never reading Dickens again. Ever. I swear. So anyway, I recommend these books only if you feel like you want to be the grown adult that you are, of which, I rarely like to be ;)
On to other topics, mainly 'What to put on the blog to appease my and Cameron's parents?' (whom we love!)
What, Daddy? Show Papa Brent my hunting face?
I am a camouflage-clad hunting warrior!
This video basically shows how River's walking skills have increased. She can now turn around with out falling and even picks objects up off the ground. I know, I know, you're all falling off your chairs with excitement.
3 comments:
Sheena, I've read those books too.. (I never finished AK because I found out what happened at the end before I reached the end and found it way too hard to read to the horrific ending.) I really want to read LofPi. But I just finished KR and it has messed with me in the way you've described. Same with MKD. Just sad. Now, I have started Wuthering Heights and we'll see... I really need a fun book soon. I need to call you dang it!
Oh and River is so stinking talented and cute.
you know we can never get enough pics!!! i got jealous and went and got myself a couple of books and read all afternoon. it was great!
Post a Comment